A knee brace is an inexpensive, easy-to-wear option for people who suffer from arthritis and fractures in their knees. It is an emergency treatment for people with fractures and muscle or ligament tears.
When you suffer from knee pain, an inexpensive and easy-to-wear knee brace is a great alternative to a prescription pain reliever. The main reasons to wear a knee brace are structural support and pain relief.
Knee braces are mainly used to prevent knee injuries during sports. Braces are ergonomically made from combinations of metal, foam, plastic, or elastic material and straps. They come in many sizes, colours, and designs.
A long knee brace is designed to treat and prevent knee impairment. The long knee brace gives support to reconstructed or repaired knee ligaments. It also protects the knee post-operation.
Use of Knee Brace and Common Issues
A knee brace of long length is meant to be used when ligaments tears during knee movements that involve sudden stops and changes in direction. Commonly noticed in sports like basketball, soccer, tennis, and volleyball.
Knee joints are stabilized by a key ligament called the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL). The ACL connects the thighbone (femur) to the shinbone (tibia). The ligaments supply stability to the knees, for side-to-side movement and even during normal walking. In the unfortunate event of a ligament tear, the pain usually occurs over the sides of your knees and gets worse on any activity. Swelling can be observed anywhere from very mild to quite significant.
Depending on the cause of knee pain, a long knee brace works well, giving support to the knees when there is swelling and pain on jog or movement in post-operative cases of patella fracture and proximal tibial fractures.
The most important factor to consider when choosing a knee brace is the level of support it provides.
There are three main types of knee braces:
- Prophylactic: Prophylactic braces are designed to prevent injuries.
- Functional: Functional braces are designed to support the knee after an injury has occurred.
- Unloader: Unloader braces are designed to relieve pain and pressure on the knee joint.
How ‘Knee brace Long’ works
- Reduces knee joint swelling.
- Relieves acute and chronic pain.
- Stabilizes the knee for a speedy recovery from ligament or muscular injuries.
- Allows a protected range of motion, which prevents further injuries.
- Improves knee ligament and muscle functions.
About Knee brace Long
- Braces are scientifically designed to support the knee post-surgery and aid in preventing injury. It relieves pain due to ligament or muscular injuries with two elastic straps above the knee and two straps below the knee.
- Braces are long-lasting, skin-friendly, and made of breathable material. The product lasts longer and is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
In short, knee braces long can be used in cases like knee fracture, knee sprain, knee strain, post-TKR surgery, post-ACL repair, post-patella dislocation, and protection of the knee joint in an emergency. It gives great relief in tendon injury or knee dislocations as well. There are many different types of knee braces available on the market, and it can be difficult to choose the right one. It is important to consult with a doctor or physical therapist to find the best option for you. Visit Vissconext to know more!