Human Immunodeficiency Virus, or HIV, is a life-threatening virus that attacks the immune system, gradually reducing its ability to fight against dangerous infections. If left untreated for a longer time, HIV can cause AIDS, or Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome, a severe condition where the immune system can no longer defend the body against diseases.
Symptoms to know you need HIV Testing
Identifying symptoms of HIV infection can be difficult at times since the virus multiplies rapidly in the first stage, known as the ‘acute infection stage.’ While one cannot point to specific symptoms, these are some conditions that signify one should consult about HIV test price in Delhi to get tested:
- Fever with chills along with sore throat
- Skin irritation and rashes
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Digestive disturbance
- Aches & pains in the body accompanied by nausea
Why should I get an HIV Test?
If you have been experiencing the conditions mentioned above, the acute infection stage is either running or has passed. Just after the first infection, this stage is called the latency stage, wherein HIV symptoms can increase or decrease or even progress rapidly. At this stage, it becomes crucial to inquire about HIV test price in Delhi and book for testing as this is the time proper treatment maximizes the potential of slowing down the progression of HIV infection.
How is HIV Test performed?
HIV test price in Delhi is affordable for everyone, and there are three kinds of tests available, namely:
Nucleic Acid Test (NAT)
Also called NAT, this method of HIV testing involves the collection of blood samples from the vein and then laboratory observation for two to three days for the accurate result.
Rapid Antigen Test
Rapid antigen or antibody test is the quickest method of HIV test price in Delhi which is executed by making a minute puncture on the fingertip. The puncture is then assessed for determining HIV infection.
Like COVID self-tests, the oral fluid antibody test is done using specialized kits. One can confirm HIV infection within only twenty minutes of the test.
How can I Book HIV Test Home Collection in Delhi using 11 simple steps?
Gone are the days when HIV tests were mainly done in healthcare facilities or laboratories. Now, with online health specialty clinics, one can inquire about HIV test price in Delhi and book the test of their choice within the comfort of their homes. Know more here.
HIV test price in Delhi is easier as you get a reasonable charge with a complete package of home testing in these simple steps:
- Take a week’s countdown to witness the progression or regression of HIV symptoms at home
- Once sure you need to get HIV testing done, look for the online helpline number for booking an appointment
- Preferably call in the early morning so that the healthcare administrator can visit your home at a convenient time
- Mark the appointment for your HIV test as finalized and confirmed by the healthcare staff
- On the HIV Testing day, no matter whichever test you opt for – wear loose clothing
- Try doing some breathing exercises in the morning of your HIV testing to relax your muscles
- Wear a sleeveless or short-sleeved top to make the collection of blood samples easy
- Find a comfortable spot in your home where you can focus on the surroundings while blood is being drawn from the syringe
- If you have chosen the NAT test, get your arm muscles to rest before testing. For a rapid antigen test, your fingertip should be thoroughly disinfected before the testing commences
- When the healthcare worker arrives for sample collection, make sure you are sanitized and ready for testing
- Let the healthcare admin draw blood using gloves and pour the sample carefully into the vial or tube.
Unlike other medical units that allow only self-test kits at home, Flebo.in lets individuals choose between NAT, Rapid Antigen, and Self-test, all done from home, so book your appointments now.